Breakfast: Our Favourite Savoury Pancakes
We've already given you our favourite sweet pancake recipe, and now it's time for savoury. Pancakes are an important part of life, even away from pancake day, so it's always good to have both a sweet and savoury fail-proof recipe for those much loved lazy weekend breakfasts. And let's face it, there's nothing worse than a pancake disaster to ruin that relaxed morning - we've all been there!
Our sweet potato pancakes are so easy to make, require only 2 key ingredients and one bowl, perfectly fuss free. We served ours with greens, obligatory avocado and the coconut lime dressing we usually serve in our salmon glow box, and it was delicious. A Saturday started this way is a guaranteed good day (or if it conveniently also happens to be pancake day, also a great dinner option!).
SWEET POTATO PANCAKES
- 1 medium sweet potato, roasted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp paprika
- pinch salt
1. Scoop the roast sweet potato from the skin and add to a bowl with all the other ingredients and mix until combined
2. In a large frying pan over a medium heat, fry 2 tbsp of mixture (flattened into a pancake shape) per pancake in coconut oil
3. Remove and add to a baking tray
4. Place in the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes at 200C
5. Remove and serve immediately!