Breakfast: Our Favourite Savoury Pancakes
We've already given you our favourite sweet pancake recipe, and now it's time for savoury. Pancakes are an important part of life, even away from pancake day, so it's always good to have both a sweet and savoury fail-proof recipe for those much loved lazy weekend breakfasts. And let's face it, there's nothing worse than a pancake disaster to ruin that relaxed morning - we've all been there!
Our sweet potato pancakes are so easy to make, require only 2 key ingredients and one bowl, perfectly fuss free. We served ours with greens, obligatory avocado and the coconut lime dressing we usually serve in our salmon glow box, and it was delicious. A Saturday started this way is a guaranteed good day (or if it conveniently also happens to be pancake day, also a great dinner option!).
SWEET POTATO PANCAKES
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free
- 1 large sweet potato, roasted
- 2 tbsp brown rice flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200C
2. Scoop the roast sweet potato from the skin and add to a bowl with all the other ingredients and mix until combined (this can be done either by hand or in a blender)
2. Place a large frying pan over a high heat and add 1/2 tsp rapeseed oil. Wait until the pan is hot, then reduce to a medium heat and add 2 heaped tbsp of mixture per pancake, flattened to create your desired shape. Repeat, adding more oil, until all the pancakes are cooked.
3. Remove the pancakes and add to a baking tray, covered in parchment paper
4. Place in the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes at 200C
5. Remove and serve immediately!
We served ours with avocado mousse, spinach, sprouted mung beans and a drizzle of lime, but they're also great with any of the following:
- smashed avocado
- homemade baked beans
- vegan sour cream + roasted red peppers
- cabbage slaw + tahini dressing