Pancake Appreciation Post
A love note to pancakes: Roses are Red, Violets are blue; we like you for brunch, and sometimes dinner too. We like you with apple, with like you with pear, we like you with matcha, we don't really care. So long as you're fluffy, and stacked really high, we can't stop at one plate, no matter how hard we try.
In case it wasn't obvious enough, the pancake love is real. And with pancake day bringing an entirely valid reason to eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner (as well as the obligatory 2-course sweet/savoury mashup for dinner), we figured you might need another recipe to choose from, even if your feeds and inboxes are already inundated.
We pollen-ised the traditional american pancake, adding a serve of superfood, one of your 5 a day and some healthy fats for good measure. Perfect for breakfast, these pancakes serve up a hefty 1tsp of matcha per serve, leaving you on a steady energy high for a good part of your morning (or evening, we're all for breakfast for dinner). Add in the benefits of starting the day with a mixture of carbs and good fats (increased energy, less sugar cravings, a happy digestive system), the time saved forgoing your coffee run, and we can’t quite see a clear reason why not to try them. And as with all our recipes, they’re gluten, dairy free, and refined sugar free. Frying pans at the ready!
MATCHA + COCONUT PANCAKES
GLUTEN FREE | WHEAT FREE | DAIRY FREE | REFINED SUGAR FREE
1. Peel and mash bananas in a bowl
2. Add the eggs and mix until the eggs are combined with the banana
3. Add desiccated coconut and matcha powder and mix together with a whisk until combine
4. Place a non stick pan on the hob at a low-medium heat, and brush the pan lightly with coconut oil to temper the pan
5. Using a ladle, or a 1/2 cup measure, pour the mix into the pan and cook for 2 – 3 minutes, then flip with a spatula and cook for another 2 minutes, then remove from the pan.
6. Serve with your choice of topping. We love coyo and berries or fresh mango if you can get your hands on it!
2 x medium bananas
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 free range eggs
2 tsp matcha