Recipe: Gooey, Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
This is without a doubt the most decadent brownie we’ve ever created - the kind that you only really need a small serving of to reach that ‘truly satisfied’ feeling (not that we actually stuck to that when it was in the kitchen right next to the office all day). And whether you’re team soft and gooey or dense and chewy, it fits the bill. Serve hot, for a rich, gooey brownie perfectly contrasted by the sharp zing of the sauce or leave it in the fridge overnight before tucking into the chewy brownie of your dreams the next day.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp gf baking powder
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 eggs or 3 flax eggs (3 tbsp flaxseed + 9 tbsp water)
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 orange zest + juice
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 heaped tbsp baobab powder
1. Pre-heat the oven to 175C.
2. Mix the almond flour, cacao powder, salt and baking powder together in a large bowl.
3. Slowly melt the cacao butter and coconut oil over a low heat, then remove and add the eggs, coconut sugar and vanilla essence. Mix together until fully combined.
5. Add both the wet and dry ingredients together and mix until combined.
6. Pour into a lined or silicone baking tray, and bake for 20 minutes at 175C.
7. Add all the ingredients for the sauce to a saucepan and place over a low heat, whilst constantly stirring
8. Remove after 5 minutes and leave to sit until cool.
9. Remove the brownie from the oven, and serve
Tip: For a soft gooey brownie, serve them hot. Alternatively, cut them up and leave them in the fridge overnight for a dense, chewy brownie.