Recipe: Peaches + Cream Sorbet
It's really quite an achievement the amount of ice-cream we've gone through as an office this summer. Mid-afternoon, mid-heatwave and mid-construction site from our Vauxhall archway, we made ice cream our daily routine. And no matter how many dairy free magnums, pots of gelato or nostalgic mini milks we ate, it was always the homemade days that won - this peaches + cream sorbet being a particular highlight. It's creamy and refreshing at the same time, with a much smaller ingredients list that most on the shop shelves - both wins in our opinion.
PEACHES + CREAM
- 3 large peaches (ripe)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or less based on personal preferences)
1. Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour into an ice cube tray and freeze (overnight is easiest but a couple of hours works too)
3. Add the frozen mixture to the blender and blend until smooth*
*If you have a strong blender such as a vitamix, this will be easy but if not you can add a little more coconut milk to get it started and simply blend for longer.
- To serve, simply scoop into glasses and top with salted, crushed pistachios and fresh peach slices